Otago Secondary-Tertiary College (OSTC)
Otago Polytechnic offers practical, career-focused learning for students in Years 11-13 who want to get a head start on life after school.
Get a head start on your career with OSTC
Do you like the idea of learning by doing? Are you keen to gain real-world skills that will help you find employment?
The Otago Secondary-Tertiary College (OSTC) is Otago Polytechnic's trades academy. They offer practical, career-focused learning for students in Years 11-13 who want to get a head start on life after school. You’ll develop hands-on skills and experience to help you prepare for further study, on-the-job training and employment.
How does it work?
Your programme will be one subject of your NCEA. You’ll spend one or two days a week at OSTC and the rest of the week at school as normal.
OSTC has a campus in Dunedin and one in Cromwell.
What are the benefits?
- You’ll gain credits towards NCEA and course credits from Otago Polytechnic.
- You’ll develop real-world experience and knowledge that will help you on your career path after you finish school.
- You’ll enjoy practical, hands-on learning in a focused, fun and interactive environment.
- You can test out a career without spending valuable time and money once you’ve left school.
- You can stay at school and continue school activities such as music or sports.