Year 5-6 Health Project
Focus for the first few weeks in our Health lessons has been on Wellbeing. So the pupils have been making a poster with ideas of what to do instead of being inside on a device.
Their challenge is to choose 1-2 a week and have used up all their ideas by the end of the term - with only the titles left on their poster in the classroom.
The students have been very creative with ideas for titles for their poster too.
Here are a few examples of titles:
- ‘Spending Time off Devices Day is Healthy for You!
- Instead of being lazy . . . .
- Something else other than being lazy . . . .
- Make it Count!
- It’s Time for No Devices - Look Outside!
- Make Time for What Makes you Happy
- You will never have this day again so make it count!
- Look out at the beautiful day!
And some examples of activities:
- Make a tree hut with dad
- Help mum in the garden
- Play on the tramp
- Go for a bike ride
- Play with your pet
- Write a poem
- Put a puzzle together
- Paint a rock
- Help mum cook a meal
- Play a game
- Go for a run
- Write a poem or a silly song