It is even more important to look after ourselves and each other during the lockdown period, here are some links to support wellbeing and learning at home...
- The Ministry of Education has developed a resource for parents, caregivers, whānau and family - http://education.govt.nz/
school/health-safety-and- wellbeing/pastoral-care-and- wellbeing/talking-to-children- about-covid-19-coronavirus/
- The Ministry of Health’s website includes Top ways to look after your mental wellbeing during the Covid-19 lockdown.
- I AM HOPE is the youth and community focused support group run by The Key to Life Charitable Trust, started by Mike King - https://www.iamhope.org.nz/
- Nathan Wallis has some helpful videos on his Facebook page for parents and whānau - https://www.facebook.com/
- Tips on looking after mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19 from the Mental Health foundation https://www.
- a website by the Health Promotion Agency to help New Zealanders recognise and understand depression and anxiety - https://depression.org.nz/
- Although overseas-based this is a good list and highlights some things particularly important for children. Remember the rules of New Zealand’s level 4 lockdown still apply - 25 Mental Health Wellness Tips during Quarantine from Eileen M Feliciano, Psy.D.