The Catlins Area School has been asked to consider nominations for The ODT Class Act Scholarship. Nominations are made by the school leadership team after discussions relating to the published selection criteria (below).
The nomination and selection process will be completed by June 26th 2020.
Class Act Criteria
Class Act - an annual celebration of excellence among Otago’s secondary schools - the school may select 1 or 2 students from Year 12 or 13 each year.
At The Catlins Area School, the selected candidate(s) should:
Represent the school academically by:
- achieving NCEA Level two with at least an overall Merit endorsement
- gaining academic prizes at the school prizegiving and/or in national/international competitions
PLUS (either 1 or 2)
- Represent The TCAS Way in one or more criteria with:
- strong attendance at school, demonstrates a commitment to lifelong learning
- won trophies in sporting events at school or higher level
- major roles in school productions
- Duke of Edinburgh awards
- hold major positions of responsibility and performed their tasks to a high level
- Board of Trustees Representative
- School Prefect
- Clutha District Youth Council
- generally personable, committed, enthusiastic, positive role models
- represented the school in regional/national teams (South Otago/Otago/Southern Region Area Schools team
- Kapa Haka leader
- involved in cultural events beyond the school
- involved over a period of time and shown commitment to school music / the arts
- coached/umpired/generally been involved in sport on the administrative side
- regular and committed service to community groups
2. With exceptional representation in another unique or unpredicted way to be accredited and recognised by the selection team.